- Please do not leave your children before 8.30 am as the Playgroup is not insured before this time.
- Encourage your child to find their name above their peg. Promote your child’s independence by asking them to hang up their coat and bag on their peg. Please change your child’s outdoor shoes for their indoor shoes and place their outdoor shoes in their named basked under their peg. Bags, coats, shoes and spare clothes must be marked with your child’s name to avoid mix-ups. Spare pants, socks and clothes must be kept in your child’s bag. For children in nappies or pull-ups, please leave spare in their bag with wipes and nappy sacks.
- The children are encouraged to bring items of interest to Playgroup. Children can also bring comforters to help them settle. Please make staff aware of these as they may get mixed up with the other toys. Playgroup does not accept liability for any damage to toys the children bring to Playgroup.
- Children start their day with a soft start and choose where to play and when to go for snack. All children tidy up before story and song time at the end of the session.
- Snack is available all session. The children choose from milk or water to drink. Cups with a handle are provided. The Playgroup has adopted a healthy eating policy and a variety of snacks are provided. There is always fruit and/or vegetables available, which is accompanied by a small portion of a carbohydrate or protein. We try wherever possible to have foods with no additives of preservatives and that are locally sourced. All children are asked to wash their hands before snack and children are encouraged to choose their own snack from the options provided. Everyone is encouraged to wash their own dishes. Details of the session’s snacks are put on the board. If your child has specific dietary requirements or allergies, please speak to staff.
- Please ensure you read all Playgroup notices and newsletters.
- If you are going to be late or if someone else will be picking up your child, please let staff know or make alternative arrangements for your child to be picked up. Children become upset very quickly when their parents are late.
A standard day at Cupar preschool playgroup
Previous PostParental participation